Mage Knight: Apocalypse
Windows - 2006
Description of Mage Knight: Apocalypse
Mage Knight: Apocalypse (aka Mage Knight: Апокалипсис) is a video game published in 2006 on Windows by Namco Hometek Inc., Noviy Disk, Koch Media GmbH (Austria). It's a role-playing (rpg) game, set in a fantasy, licensed title and action rpg themes.
How to play Mage Knight: Apocalypse Windows
The game was designed for Windows XP, so the best way to play - to use Virtual Machine with Windows XP. Installation and launch of this game on modern systems is a bit tricky, here's the way how we made it working on Windows 7 64-bit, it should work on Windows 10 too.
Install & play guide:
- Mount the disc image. You will need the utility for mounting disc image files, like WinCDEmu, UltraISO, Alcohol 52%/Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools Lite
- Launch the installation. Make sure that installation path is only on English, it shouldn't have any symbols on other languages (i.e. it should look like
C:/Games/Mage Knight Apocalypse)
- When the installation will ask for Disc 2 - mount the disc image of CD2. Do the same for next discs (this step is only for CD version, DVD version has all content on one disc)
- Install the game
- Install the patch 1.02
- Install NoCD
- Open the directory with the game and find MageKnight.exe. Right click on MageKnight.exe - Properties - Compatibility - Set "Run this app in compatibility mode with Windows XP".
- Now open the Control Panel of your videocard (find that item in Windows Control Panel or click with right mouse button on empty space on desktop and choose it from pop-up menu, it can be called nVidia Control Panel, AMD Catalyst Center, Radeon Setting, etc.). Turn on forced vertical sync for Mage Knight Apocalypse
- After that - download RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server, install that app, launch it, add MageKnight.exe in the list and select next options: Application detection level: Medium, Custom Direct3D Support ON, Framerate limit 30. The game was designed to work on 30 fps max, it must be locked to 30 fps for correct work
- Minimize RTSS to the tray and launch the game from MageKnight.exe (launch the game strictly from the exe file, and not from the shortcut on the desktop).
- If you complete all the steps right - the game should work now. The game launches after 2-3 minutes of waiting because it tries to connect to Namco's shut down servers. To avoid that waiting time - make simple register edit, read instructions above
- If the game doesn't work anyway - try to launch the game, then open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default) and check for processes MageKnight.exe and rundll32.exe. Close MageKnight.exe but don't touch rundll32.exe (it's a Windows app for running old apps from 32-bit operational systems, most old games running through rundll32.exe). Now try to launch the game again, it must work. Don't forget to close rundll32.exe process in Task Manager after finishing playing.
- The game with patch and NoCD has been tested on Windows 7 64-bit, it works but still has a lot of bugs. The game supports widescreen.
- If you have nVidia video card you can try to enable forced 3D Hardware Acceleration in nVidia Control Panel, it worked for some players
- Fix for a long startup due to an attempt to connect to a non-existent server. Save the text with the .reg extension, then run this file for code execution.
- The code for 32-bit OS:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NAMCO BANDAI Games\Mage Knight] "URL"="127.0.0.1"
- The code for 64-bit OS:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NAMCO BANDAI Games\Mage Knight] "URL"="127.0.0.1"
- Reboot the system after register edit. Now the game will be starting without trying to connect the servers for update downloads
In general, the game is very buggy and can crash in a random moments, so make savegames often. As an example, the game will crash if you play for some time, then exit to the menu and try to start a "New Game", it crashes in 90% of cases. Sometimes the game may freeze when you try to exit to desktop, in that case close the process MageKnight.exe in Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del by default).
During tests we noticed that choosing the default character (a knight with a cloak who stands in the middle of the group) often leads to crash. So first click on another character, a dark elf, for example, then by pressing the arrows switch to this knight and edit him (choose a different hairstyle, hair color, eyes, etc.), and only after that start the game with this character. This happens only with the knight and doesn't happen with other characters, like a dark elf or a dragon, you can select them and start playing immediately.
Captures and Snapshots
Comments and reviews
Rata 2023-11-06 0 point
Tried on win8, nothing happens after running the exe file.
Tried the startup fix, same result, mageknight.exe will appear in task manager for some 20 seconds, don't use any cpu or hdd, then close.
RosinCaster 2022-12-27 1 point
which one should i download cd or dvd i want to spent my 3.5 gb data safely
Warlord 2022-08-10 -3 points
Yes i have nice typo by the way it was Wing Commander NOT Dune and game does not work
Warlord 2022-07-27 -1 point
OK sounds good by the way the vampire looks like that one harem girl form Qfgll And 5 i can honesty not bevive that they those one sene people to bring back for that game but NOT Shema (Who's Dance has to be seen to be savored heh heh it was from the game not me) and Shameen (her husband unremarkable exept for the fact that he does not seem to get or need a lot (it is not alot) of sleep mind you all he does is sit on a cushion, and watch his wife dance)
Master 001 2022-07-27 1 point
Great Finally we both I (By the way for later reference I am Male) Warlord have this game now instead of asking each other for tip on how to fix it now we will trade tips on how to PLAY it.
Warlord 2022-07-27 0 point
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Both I and him/her AKA Master 001 have been having the same trouble with this game of some weeks now it will be SO good to finally be able to play it
admin 2022-07-22 3 points
We have updated the game, added CD version on 6 discs for easier download. You can also use Setup that includes the installation files from all 6 discs in one archive, that Setup was provided by our contributor.
We managed to run the game on Windows 7 64-bit, with some tricks. The game still has a lot of bugs though, but at least it works. We hope our guide will help you
Master 001 2022-07-17 0 point
Yes that is true my thanks to Warlord and along with that can some one tell them that StarCraft is in fact FREE
Warlord 2022-07-17 0 point
Will any one tell me how to contact the people in charge of this? Oh and one more thing if YOU can talk to them both Master 001 and i have been asking for an install guide.
Master 001 2022-07-09 0 point
Just wait for an Hour and a half O.K I just re-checked how big it is and you will still be able to download it and be able to Play it on the same Day: Just start in the morning(10 O'clock) cook and at lunch then rent DUNE Part 1 (unless you have an extremely slow server in which case You will a able to watch Part 2 But I really don't think that this will take 14 Months to download) and Watch it(Really that is what I did!) then you will have 30 Minutes left have a nap and then Please Try to write a step by step install instructions.
Vendoome-X 2022-07-07 1 point
Dragon guy as a main character? I'M IN!!!
But... The overall size- too massive :( .
RIP version needed. Badly!
Warlord 2022-07-07 1 point
Hi i downloaded this game but i have a MAJOR problem: When i install the game and try to play it( the install works fine it is the game that does not)nothing happens. But when ii use the patch i can get on to the game just fine but after i have picked my hero and press the start button after the loading bar fills and the mission should start it kicks me out! so my question is can someone perhaps write a step-by-step install guide and put it on here a lot of other games have them. Oh and think i know why this game isn't often herd of: In 2006 when this game was released Tomb Raider Legend was also released and in addition to bringing back the Tomb Raider games it also over shadowed a lot of the other RPG games released a the same time this is just a guess.
Master 001 2022-07-06 1 point
Hi I have a problem: The game starts okay but when the game has finished loading the first level it kicks me out. Mind you I installed the patch before playing could the patch be the problem?
Warlord 2022-07-05 2 points
WOW! This looks almost like a modern Quest for Glory But with the option of 5 characters not 3 and the ability to change how character looks too Good Looking graphics too i looked at gamespot.com and it is hard to believe that that so many people did not like it must be all the dyeing that can get a bit annoying and i should know i play a lot of Quest for Glory but what i think is that this looks like is a RPG and Squad Game all combined a bit like the Harry Potter(tm) Games but from a different angle
Hackson909 2022-07-04 0 point
This game looks SOOO awesome!
But it's too FREAKING huge! Any chance for a RIP version?
I'd sure LOVE to play as Sarus (the anthro dragon)!
OK MILLENIAL 2022-07-02 0 point
Thank you Ross.
Also, Really Ross? Forcing wide screen instead of playing 4:3? Men, you should stop playing those fancy "New gen" games with their Unreal 4 and Unity and go back to... The Good Old Games...
TerjeP 2022-07-01 2 points
The game will take like 5 minutes to start up unless you modify the windows registry.
Translated Russian comment:
Long startup fix due to an attempt to connect to a non-existent server.
Save text with .reg extension, then run this file for execution
For 32 bit OS
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NAMCO BANDAI Games\Mage Knight]
For 64-bit OS
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NAMCO BANDAI Games\Mage Knight]
Write a comment
Share your gamer memories, help others to run the game or comment anything you'd like. If you have trouble to run Mage Knight: Apocalypse (Windows) , read the abandonware guide first!
Download Mage Knight: Apocalypse
We may have multiple downloads for few games when different versions are available. Also, we try to upload manuals and extra documentation when possible. If you have additional files to contribute or have the game in another language, please contact us!
Various files to help you run Mage Knight: Apocalypse, apply patches, fixes, maps or miscellaneous utilities.
Fellow retro gamers also downloaded these games: